The Probus Club of Beaconsfield
DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data.
Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession.
The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’).
The Committee of the Probus Club of Beaconsfield is the data controller.
This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
The committee of the Probus Club of Beaconsfield complies with its obligations
under the GDPR
- by keeping personal data up to date
- by storing and destroying it securely
- by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data
- by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure
- by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data
We use personal data for the following purposes: –
• to administer membership records
• to maintain our financial accounts and records
• to provide news and information about events, activities and services at the club
• to promote the interests of the club
• to publish a Membership Handbook (directory of members)
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations of the Probus Club of Beaconsfield and relates only to members, associates and guests: there is no disclosure to third parties without consent.
Sharing personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the club in order to carry out a service to other club members or for purposes connected with the club.
We will not share your data with any third parties with your express consent.
How long do we keep data?
We retain data on the following basis:
|Members, associates and friends contact details||For so long a period as you remain a member of the Probus Club of Beaconsfield|
|Personal data relating to events for which additional information is gathered e.g. outings||Disposed of immediately after the event unless anything has occurred (e.g. an accident) which indicates records should be kept for a longer period|
Photographs & videos of events will archived indefinitely on the Club Website or until such time as you ask for the information to be removed
|Insurance policies & annual certificates||24 months|
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights
with respect to your personal data: –
• The right to request a copy of the personal data which the Probus Club of Beaconsfield holds about you (a Subject Access Request or ‘SAR’);
• The right to request that the committee of the Probus Club of Beaconsfield corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Probus Club of Beaconsfield to retain such data;
• The right to object to the processing of personal data;
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
If the Probus Club of Beaconsfield wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Statement, then we will provide you with a new statement explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints
please in the first instance contact the Chairman or any Committee Member.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113
or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
The Committee of the Probus Club of Beaconsfield dated 25 May 2022